Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Divide









These are a series of mixed media pieces where I incorporated mono type printmaking with silkscreen.
The work itself is intended as a representation of the gap between nature and urban life with man caught conspicuously in the middle.
I made 7 or 8 of these in total. I find the third of these to be the weakest of the three I have chosen to post here. The mono type element is a ghost print (a secondary print pulled off the plexi after the primary had already been printed) and as such the washed out look of the element of urban life becomes an interpretable commentary I didn't intend. What I do like about it is the heavier outline of the buildings that was created after I removed the stencil that masked out the sky and pulled the second print.
These are elements and ideas I intend to work with further as I begin considering graduate school.

0 comments: