Sunday, September 21, 2008

Anatomically Incorrect

This one is slightly different than the one on my Deviant art page (Anatomically Incorrect). I couldn't decide which version worked better so I posted both at different sites.
There is quite a back-story behind this image but I don't think I'm prepared to get into it at the moment.
The quasi-angel as a mannequin missing some limbs is more work with displaced body parts. I guess in this case the whole body is displaced revealing a sense of incompleteness in supposed perfection; lifeless rigidity replacing tenderness...
The background splatter was drawn by hand and the whole image was drawn relatively small at about 7x10.5 inches (the ratio is a standard comic format at 2:3).
The whole thing from pencils to inks and digital color took about 5 hours.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

like it a lot!! <3Bailey