Thursday, August 13, 2009

Go Team Venture!

So the super kill-guy Brock Samson is one of my favorite characters from The Venture Bros. on Cartoon Networks Adult Swim. The cartoon in general is pretty outstandingly funny but this guy in particular kinda makes the show in my humble opinion.

I really wanted to do a drawing based on the character and set it up in a style like that of the opening credits. It's different of course but the single character splash shot with the venture logo and the characters name along with my color choices make it similar to the shots in the opening credits of the show.

I had originally just draw Brock in my sketchbook (for fun) but I liked how it came out so I decided to use it. I like how the finished product turned out here but I feel like it does need a little something more - maybe a pattern of some sort behind the figure to give it some "umph".

Pencils, inks and color all took about 4 to 4 and a half hours in total.

1 comments:

Morgan said...

Very nice, Le Prisk! From one Brock fan to another, you really hit it out of the park with this one. Good Job.