Thursday, December 10, 2009

Earth Like

I have a simpler variation of this one up as my profile picture on FaceBook. When I first envisioned this one I was thinking of an E.L.E. or an extinction level event. I had a VERY large bluish photo manipulation of an expanding planetary nebula that looked to be ready to impact the planet.
However it was a bit gaudy.
This more subtle blue emanating from the backside of the planet is much more appealing to the eye.
This is the same planet that appeared in an earlier space scene of mine. This time I was experimenting with a new way to add in a more convincing cloud cover on the alien world. I think it works much better then my previous attempts.
The background star field is a Hubble Space Telescope image of M13 - The Great Globular Cluster in Hercules.

0 comments: