Saturday, January 16, 2010

"F" my life

WARNING: NOBODY VISIT THE SITES SURFTHECHANNEL.COM OR MEGAVIDEO (one of the associated video hosting sites)
I was watching an episode of The Venture Bros. on there from my laptop when my anti-virus started going crazy.
My system has once again become infected by the anti-virus virus and now I am locked out of my system as I can only get my computer to boot in safe mode.
As a result I (if I can not recover the files) have lost MONTHS of artwork.
Dozens of images.
Textures that themselves took months to make.
Work I was using to try and get a show going for a little later in the year.
Every high-res, multi-layer version of every image on this page below this post is GONE.
And on top of all that my laptop is once again an 800 dollar paperweight.

It's like the last 3 or 4 months of my artistic life never happened and these low-res imaged uploaded here and at other sites are taunting me - reminding me that I'm a f'ing moron for not backing up more regularly.

I cant even begin to tell you how much shock I'm in at the moment.

1 comments:

Inked in Red said...

My god I'm so sorry John...I can't tell you how many times I've saved over a document and lost all my work. It's the worst thing ever.

Keep your chin up, when it rains it pours, but ti also means good things are on the way.