Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Concept Art

Since I posted the end result of the album art fiasco (seen here) I thought I'd post the concept art.
In reality the line art alone is what I presented. It was in a smaller scale format then the finished drawing (which was on 14 x 17 100 lb. vellum Bristol board).
In fact now that I think about it I don't think they ever got to see this concept piece as even before I showed it to them the idea was being picked apart in discussions.
Anyway I liked the little drawing ( 8 x 12 100 lb. vellum Bristol Board) and decided to ink it in and throw some color on it. I am not to fond of the overall design but I like the figure.
I like how the color in the background balances the image better then the black and white end result. Additionally the inclusion of the damaged "angel wings" drives home the idea MUCH better then the scars alone did.

0 comments: