Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Pride of Baghdad


Okay, so I must have been living in a cave but I picked up and read "Pride of Baghdad" for the first time about two months ago and LOVED it.

Great story - beautiful art - bitchin colors....

In fact I liked it so much I was inspired to mock up a little tribute cover for it.

If y'all haven't read it yet I highly recommend it.

This whole thing took some time - I lost track of the hours as I edited and re-edited the image a number of times.

If I had to guess at a total number of hours spent on this one I'd say close to 20 hours.

2 comments:

Inked in Red said...

I loved that book also, so sad. :)

You should do some scenes from the comic & splash pages for your portfolio!

Unknown said...

that's actually a pretty good idea Erin...
I'm totally swooping on it...
:)