Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Venture Bros. Poster (W.I.P)



The work in progress of a new Venture Bros. poster I am currently inking in. This one is based on the episode Ghosts of the Sargasso (one of my all time fave episodes).

The first (upper left) image gives a sense of the layout while the other two give some detail of what I have inked thus far (The ghost of Mjr. Tom). Right click on the image to get a better view - you'll be able to see where I've made numerous notations to remind myself of where I want to go with various elements (mostly annotations on color ideas). Anyway the inks on this will be completed tomorrow and then I'll work up the colors digitally.

It's on 11 x 14 100 LB. Bristol Board. Pencils took about an hour an a half. Inks to this point have taken approx. and additional hour and a half.

When I'm done with this one I'm going to start work on a portrait of Francoise Hardy for a good friend of mine who is moving away.
:)

0 comments: