Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Don't Feel...


...Good

A little something I did just for me - not for my comic portfolio.
I have not been in the best of spirits lately.
However I digress. This is a basic line drawing that took all of about 40 minutes to an hour to both pencil and ink. I accentuated it in photoshop with a woodgrain texture for the background for which I pushed the contrast to the highest level. I adjusted the curve to flatten it (removing all the gray scale pixels that appear when its scale is changed) and added the red.
Then I just filled the white of the face with another texture (a photograph of my brothers hair) and adjusted the opacity.
All in all I spent about two hours tops on this little deal, but it turned out nice...
When I was done with it I sat back and looked at it and was reminded of the great Bernie Wrightson - one of the best horror illustrators out there. If you have the time I highly recommend looking up his stuff.

0 comments: