Sunday, March 15, 2009

Venom Kills, Even a Second Time Around...




This is something I've been wanting to do for some time now - I originally did this as a little gift for a friend of mine (the idea was hers). The top image was the one I did about 4 years ago now.
Well I was looking at it a week or two ago and was thinking about all the ways I could make it look better if I re-inked it, added in some more detail and re did the colors on it and got rid of the distracting diffuse white glow around everything.

I re-colored it and made the defining outline a sharper more defined white outline. I feel this matches with the line work better then the cheap photoshop effect I originally used.
I added in some detail in the buildings and drew in a couple more and generally beefed up the inking for the whole piece. I also added in some stars in the night sky to help break up the large black shape that I feel unfortunately dominates the upper portion of the original. I also added more dark space to the bottom of the image to better balance the amount of dark area thats at the top.

All in all I am much more pleased with the re-do.

0 comments: