Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Zombie Apocalypse



Inspired by my friend Erin Clark and her inclusion in a zombie themed group show going on in Los Angeles right now (I was originally going to call this one "Has Anyone Seen My Cat?" in honor of her piece I linked above).

Two versions of the same zombie piece. I originally intended it as it is presented in the first image but I did the second one because part of me felt like it needed a background. However I feel that the "busyness" of the buildings distracts from all the little expressions on the background zombies faces. But the city scape grounds the figures and gives them an appreciable environment.

So I can't decide which version I like better. Give me your feedback and let me know which one you prefer.

Drawn on 11 x 14 100 LB. Vellum Bristol Board, pencils and inks (on the original without the city scape) took about 5 and a half hours (give or take...).

2 comments:

Inked in Red said...

Yesssss!!! I love it John! You've been doing such great work!!!!

Inked in Red said...

Ok I like both of them...I know that didn't help at all :(