Saturday, November 27, 2010

LOOK! Up in the Sky!

This one is pretty old as well - from 1999 in fact. I'm posting it in the midst of this series of retrospective posts to illustrate a point. Despite my fairly primitive skills even up to '99, I was capable of a little jem or two. Don't get me wrong - the original of this was pretty poor because of the line quality but with some fresh inks, a few improved details and some rendering the potential of a drawing with poor lines can be seen. This still isn't great but it really isn't that bad now that it has been touched up.

* I beefed up the lines to make them pop a little better.
* I added in the shadows in the underside of Supes cape.
* I added a smidgen of detail to his torso.
* I redrew his facial features and photoshoped them in. I kept them true to the original look - I just cleaned them up a bit.
* I also digitally generated the big Superman "S" and added in the black/white/black background just 'cause I though it would look cool. Well, cooler then it was I guess.

0 comments: