Saturday, February 5, 2011

Aliens and Predators - Finished

The finished piece for the previous work in progress...
Colors took forever, though by my standards/expectations 3 or 4 days is an eternity...
A lot of it was done from scratch except the top most earth like planet and the mountainy/forrestly background in the uppermost rectangle. Those two bits were recycled from other pieces when I realized they would fit just fine here in this piece.

Seriously though,there were so many layers in my file by the time I was done the .psd was 200 megs (psd temp files for a piece that size are about 800 megs to a gig in size). Every time I saved changes it took my computer at least a minute to save the file. At least a minute...

Total time spent on the digital colors/finishes (spread out over 4 days) was 14 to 15 hours. By the way, I was WAYYYYY off in my guesstimation of how long it would take (see my previous post). Granted a lot of that time was spent experimenting with different elements, looks and shading and what not, but still...

0 comments: