Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Zombie Halloween Love

So I wanted to post some work in progress photos of this one. The photos pretty clearly show how rough and wonky the background was. I drew this while laying in bed and didn't have a ruler within reach so I just roughed in my idea for the background and today when I inked the image I went back in with a nice clean straight edge and got everything in line.

I had written in my idea for a thought bubble for the zombie. Originally he was going to be saying "Holy SHIT! Is that a U.F.O?!" but in the end I though the heart shaped though bubble with the brain inside of it and the "mmmm" bit was funnier.





And the finished product:
I lengthened the right leg a little and added in the brain in the heart shaped thought bubble, but here it is, pretty much as I imagined it.




Drawn (somewhat small) on 9x12 100 LB Vellum Bristol board, pencils and inks took about 5 hours in total.

2 comments:

Inked in Red said...

Like!!!! I was planning on doing something like this for the love blog at some point you idea-stealer!

Also...i like the "rate it" buttons. that's all kinds fo R A D. Which spells rad. :)

Unknown said...

Ha! See how great we are? So great we think of the same great things (almost) at the same great time!
Anyway, you're a doll. Stay classy.