Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Grass is Always Greener


This was originally a linoleum reduction cut that i had printed on fields of green and red. The secondary layers of those colors didn't respond well so I reprinted them on this marbled paper I had found at an art supply store in downtown Long Beach.
The print itself is about my color blindness and how its viewed by myself and by others. I went with the red/green to represent the issued with color blindness and the imagery of the heart is a reference to ones desires.
I found that while I desired to see color as non color blind people do many non color blind people were dying to see color as I do. It was all about the experience and seeing things from another's perspective I suppose. I found this to be a rather interesting statement on where people are coming from and where they seem to want to go.

0 comments: