Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mixed Media


The print I used as the background for this drawing of the hulk is a stand alone piece in my printmaking portfolio. As I have stated before I have recently discovered the joy of digitally mixing prints and drawings and the monotype print (entitled The Storm) seemed to fit perfectly with the drawing. The figure of the hulk playing his usual "heavy" is contrasted in his graphic nature with the more organic look of the print while the colors tend to reestablish a connection .
I know a number of professionals don't tend to like the mixture of styles but I see it as very visually dynamic.
Mixture of the two styles increases the possibility of where one can go with a drawing. Moreover I enjoy the mixture not for any formalistic reasons but because it looks cool.

0 comments: