Thursday, September 17, 2009

Whats New is Old Again

So this is my first real attempt at simulating a vintage look. I've used photoshop to add a halftone screen to my image of the super kill guy Brock Samson. Admittedly I cheated a little. I'm not to swish with the process yet and every time I tried to apply a color halftone it came out looking horrible so basically I duplicated the image, gray scaled it, and applied the halftone to the that. Then I pushed the curves to make the image strictly black and white. Once there I copied and pasted the dot pattern into the original image and set the layer to "overlay".
It's rudimentary and isn't representative of what a real color halftone image can look like (which is pretty bad ass if you ask me), but this way doesn't look bad. It's not a bad way to do it while I'm still learning how to do it right.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I make a greyscale page, then run the filter and then cut and paste from that into my color image for the halftones...or just move the selection over and fill it...Like this but you gotta draw that hand in front of his leg...it cuts off in a weird place on the thumb (Just draw it front of his leg?). Tangent police.