Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Because He's Smarter Than You


This was time consuming but A LOT of fun to do.

Two of my biggest loves are for art and science so I decided to do something to combine them.

The guy started out as a little design for my pseudo comic book line Addiction Comics. I thought it would be funny to have a smoker drinking coffee on the cover.

Then I decided that wasn't really that funny after all so I changed it up. I started fiddling with it in photoshop and decided he looked rather professorial so I did this up and turned him from a punchline addict to a physicist.

All the technical looking stuff on the chalk slate behind him I got from science books of mine. I just drew the formulas and charts in one of my sketchbooks.

From pencils to inks to digital color and finishes I probably spent around 11 hours or so on this.

0 comments: