Monday, October 26, 2009

Talking Heads


More commentary masquerading as vintage comic book covers.
I was thinking about the culture of the "talking head". The guy on your T.V. screen who, on the face of it, is full of pretense and bluster but
in realty is not speaking his own mind. Rather he is regurgitating what he's been told to say. Saying only what he/they think others want to hear.
This made me think of the 2004 Presidential election and how prevalent this type of b.s. was during the campaign (on BOTH sides). While this piece isn't specifically about the Presidential campaign or politics in general I dated the "cover" for 2004. A little personal laugh for myself I suppose.
I think the idea of putting this kind idea out there as a comic book cover works. Comics covers are designed to sell whats inside. However comic covers are frequently not truly representational of whats on the inside. Not all that unlike that culture of the "talking head".

0 comments: